Single punch tablet machine is also called eccentric press or single station press machine. Single punch tablet press machine have a single station which is die and two upper and lower punches.This machine is available manual operated and motor drive.
There are three processes in this eccentric press machine.
- Filling of powder/granuals
In this machine lower punches remains in lower position then granuals or mixed powder filled in the dies with any shapes.
Then upper punch compresses the powder into tablet shape.
Then the upper punch is compressing the powder into tablet shape. Then upper punch moves up from die and lower punch remove tablet from the die.
Functional parts of a single punch tablet press:
- Hopper – This is connected to the feed shoe and it is where the granules mixtures are poured into prior for compression. The hopper can be filled manually.
- Die cavity – The die cavity is where the powder granules are compressed into tablet. The die determines;
- The diameter of the tablet
- The size of the tablet
- the thickness of the tablet.
- Punches –there two punches upper and lower punch and they compress the powder/granuals into tablets of various shapes.
- Tablet adjuster – This is used for adjust the volume of the powder to be compressed and determines the size of the tablet.
- Ejection adjuster – This facilities the ejection of the tablet from the die cavity after compression.
In the production of tablet using single punch, the upper punch compresses the powder into tablets while the lower punch ejects the tablet